Friday 27 March 2015

Evaluation Question 4



I also had a fair amount of problems with the technologies I used, such as when it came to complete my mock exam, my footage would not transfer onto the iMac due to incompatibility. This meant that I could not produce the mock to the best of my ability and hindered the whole process of creating my product. I therefore, had to re-film all of my footage over the Christmas term. This meant that I would have to change my idea due to weather conditions and other external influences on the production of my music video and ancillary texts. This also meant that I had to use more of my actors time to film the footage. This also came as a shock to me, because I was not familiar with creating a moving image product anyway. However I spoke to my teacher about it, who said that it would be alright if I were to film the footage again and work my hardest to get the product finished on time.
                When using the camera and tripod, I also had trouble getting the angle that I wanted from the positioning of my camera and tripod. However I overcame this problem by moving my actor to the anticipated position and then setting up the camera once he was in position. I had a lot of footage which I couldn’t use due to bad angles and framing, however, I managed to have enough good footage to create the video in the end. The weather became a problem for me after having to re-film the majority of my footage, because it was getting dark really early on the night, and I didn’t get home until it was really dark, this forced me to change my idea of setting and meant that filming indoors was the best option for me. Whilst I was not particularly keen on this idea to begin with, I believe it added a sense of innocence to my video, suited the lyrics and also because the song is not well-known it added to the unknowing nature of the video and looked like a new entry to the music industry.
I also had to download my song from YouTube because it is not on iTunes which caused me problems because I had to spend time downloading it at home and bringing it on my memory stick, so to begin with I was trying to edit the video without a song in the background. I feel that I dealt with the problems that I had effectively in order to create my product and also the ancillary texts. I had a lot to catch up on because of these difficulties, however, I managed to finish the video to a standard that I am happy with, and maintain the continuity I wanted throughout my product and ancillary texts.

No comments:

Post a Comment